Unclaimed Property

By State Statute, The Treasurer’s Office is the holder of all Unclaimed Property with a value of $100 of less. Because of this there are two places you need to check to see if you have money owed to you. First, check here to see if our office holds your unclaimed property. If you have unclaimed property on our list, see the steps below. Second, check ClaimItTexas.org to see if the Texas State Comptroller is the holder of any Unclaimed Property due to you!

To Claim Property held by the Montgomery County Treasurer’s Office, follow the steps below.

  1. Verify you are listed here.
  2. Fill out this form.
  3. Send the completed form with a copy of your Social Security Card, Driver’s License, and a list of all addresses with which you or your property could be associated. (Completed forms may be dropped off at our office as well.)
  4. Our office will verify what is owed to you and within 30 days, will issue what is due to you.

 If you have any questions or need any help, please call our office at 936-539-7844.